Day class begins January 13 and runs through June 18, 2020.
If you are interested in reserving a spot in the program, please call 336-328-1750.
The Therapeutic Massage Program is designed to provide students with the essential skills to become a State Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist. The curriculum includes the skills necessary for safe, effective and ethical practices required to perform basic Swedish massage.
Upon completion of the program and after acquiring the necessary state and national licensure, students will be able to work in hospitals, clinics, chiropractor and doctor offices, wellness centers, fitness centers, salons, athletic programs, corporate wellness programs, performing arts programs, as well as establish their own private practices.
Students will practice the clinical process of conducting client assessments, developing individualized treatment plans, and performing safe and comprehensive massage therapy under the supervision of a Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist. In addition, students will exercise their legal and ethical duties according to the regulations and expectations of the massage therapy profession as delineated by the North Carolina Board of Massage & Bodywork Therapy.
List of classes:
- Massage Theory & Principles
- Massage Professional Practice
- Massage & Bodywork Application
- Adaptive Massage
- The Therapeutic Relationship
- Law, Business & Ethics
- Student Clinic
Therapeutic Massage Program Schedule:
Day class (#72169) 1/13/20-6/18/20, M-Th, 8:30A-4:30P, The Kinley Center, Room 106
Evening class for 2020 is TBD.
Therapeutic Massage Fees
• Tuition and Insurance - $196.55
• Professional Massage Table - $295-$450
• Textbooks - $460
• Massage Supplies - $90-$120 (sheets, oils/lotions, etc.)
• Therapeutic Massage Scrubs - $120-$180
Requirements to become a Massage Therapist
- Has obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- Is 18 years of age or older
- Is of good moral character as determined by the Board
- Has successfully completed a training program consisting of a minimum of 500 in-class hrs of supervised instruction at a Board-approved school
- Has passed a competency assessment examination that meets generally accepted psychometric principles and standards and is approved by the Board
- Has submitted fingerprint cards in a form acceptable to the Board at the time the license application is filed and consented to a criminal history record check by the North Carolina Department of Justice
- Demonstrates satisfactory proof of proficiency in the English language.
Admission requirements for RCC's Therapeutic Massage program are as follows:
1. Students must be at least 18 years of age as of the start date of the class.
2. Provide proof of high school completion (high school transcripts, copy of high school diploma, or copy of completion of GED)
3. Documentation of reading test scores (Reading Assessment Verification Form). Students will need to call Asheboro, 336-633-0321, or Archdale,336-328-1750, to schedule their reading test.
4. Students must attend a mandatory orientation prior to the first day of class.
5. It is highly recommended, but not required, for a student to have a computer and/or cell phone that has the capability to receive RCC emails, as well as access RCC’s Moodle portal as assignments and other information will be posted there.
To register and pay for classes by phone, call 336-328-1750. To register and pay in person, visit our Archdale Center, 110 Park Drive, Archdale, N.C., 27263 or our Continuing Education and Industrial Center, 413 Industrial Park Ave, Asheboro, N.C.
Already a Licensed Massage Therapist?