Medication Aide *ONLINE*
The “Medication Aide” class is designed to prepare non-licensed personnel with the skills required by the North Carolina Board of Nursing to practice as a Medication Aide in long-term care/skilled nursing facilities within the state of North Carolina. Topics include oral, topical, and instillation medication routes; medical asepsis; hand hygiene; terminology; and legal implications. Upon successful completion of this course, students are eligible to take the NCBON/NNAAP (North Carolina Board of Nursing/National Nurse Assistant Assessment Program) Medication Aide Exam.
• Have high school diploma or high school equivalency
• Be 18 years of age
• Have a current listing with the Division of Health Service Regulation as a Nurse Aide I with no substantial findings of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of property
• Have proof of completion of a minimum 75-hour, state-approved Nurse Aide I course
• Have a Social Security Card (name must match a government-issued photo ID)
• Have a government-issued photo ID (name must match Social Security Card).
76128 - 6-10P, MW, 7/12/21-7/28/21 - MUST REGISTER BY 7/2/21
76129 - 6-10P, MW, 8/16/21-9/1/21 - MUST REGISTER BY 8/9/21
76130 - 6-10P, MW, 9/13/21-9/29/21 - MUST REGISTER BY 9/3/21
76131 - 6-10P, MW, 10/4/21-10/20/21 - MUST REGISTER BY 9/27/21
73132 - 6-10P, MW, 11/1/21-11/17/21 - MUST REGISTER BY 10/25/21
76133 - 6-10P, MW, 11/29/21-12/15/21 - MUST REGISTER BY 11/22/21
The cost is $70. For information or to register, call 336-328-1750.