Randolph Community College's Archdale Center is located on 13.9 acres at 110 Park Drive, inside the city of Archdale's Creekside Park off the newly widened Highway 311 (see map below) and is just minutes from Interstate 85.
The Center was built in 1990 and expanded in 2006 to serve the changing needs of the northwest community of Randolph County. It was extensively renovated in 2011 in order to offer a two-year associate in applied science degree in Medical Assisting. Among the many campus-wide improvements, the Archdale Center now boasts a state-of-the-art biology lab to serve the needs of the Medical Assisting students as well as others engaged in health- or science-related studies.
Also in 2011, the College opened a state-of-the-industry Welding Center at Archdale, enabling students to pursue various welding certifications or to enroll in a one-year, comprehensive Welding Technology diploma program or a 14-credit-hour certificate program. The Welding Center has 15 welding stations of Spray Transfer MIG and 20 stations overall and is designed to keep up with the rapid changes in welding technology.
Additionally, the Archdale Center continues to offer a wide variety of Workforce Development and Continuing Education courses such as computers, phlebotomy, business and industry training, motorcycle rider safety; Human Resources Development computer classes for the unemployed or underemployed; Adult Basic Life-skills Education (ABLE) classes; Adult Basic Education and Adult Secondary Education classes; and Personal Enrichment classes ranging from health and wellness to the creative arts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What classes do you offer? What type of class are you interested in? We offer both Continuing Education (ex.6-10 week class with no diploma or degree earned) and Curriculum (diploma or degree program).
What do I need to do to get my GED? If you are 18 or older, you can sign up for Connections (3 days of Orientation) and take the placement test. If you are 16 or 17, you will need to pick up release forms that must be completed by both your legal guardian and last school attended. Once the forms are completed and returned, a meeting is scheduled with our Director.
Do you have a bookstore? We don’t have a bookstore at the Archdale Center. You will need to contact the bookstore at the main campus in Asheboro. Once you have purchased books, you may request that they be sent to the Archdale Center for your convenience.
Do you have a computer lab for students to use? If you are a RCC student, we do have labs that can be used when not in use by classes.
Do you offer placement testing? Yes, we can schedule you for placement testing. Call for dates and times.
The Archdale Center is open Monday – Thursday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Friday. For additional information, please call the Center at 336-328-1750.
To contact the Archdale Center:
P.O. Box 4715
Archdale, NC 27263
110 Park Drive
Archdale, NC 27263
Archdale Center Directions
- From High Point, Archdale, and Trinity, travel Highway 311 south, cross over Interstate 85 and travel about one mile through four traffic lights. Turn left on Park Drive into Creekside Park. The Archdale Center is a short distance inside the park.
- From Thomasville and Lexington, travel Interstate 85 north and take exit 111 (Archdale/High Point). Turn right onto Highway 311 south. From the 85/311 interchange, travel about one mile through three traffic lights. Turn left on Park Drive into Creekside Park. The Archdale Center is a short distance inside the park.
- From Greensboro, take Interstate 85 south and then exit 111 (Archdale/High Point). Turn left onto Hwy 311 south. Travel about one mile through four traffic lights. Turn left on Park Drive into Creekside Park. The Archdale Center is a short distance inside the park.
- From Randleman, travel Highway 311 north to Archdale/High Point approximately 10 miles. Just after you pass Tom Hill Road (on left), travel a short distance and turn right onto Park Drive into Creekside Park. The Archdale Center is a short distance inside the park.
- From Asheboro, take Interstate 73/74/220 Bypass north, exit at Highway 311 North. Turn left onto Hwy 311 N and travel approximately 10 miles. Just after you pass Tom Hill Road (on left), travel a short distance and turn right onto Park Drive into Creekside Park. The Archdale Center is a short distance inside the park.