• 1

Financial Aid & Scholarships

How to Apply for Financial Aid

Our staff is available year-round to answer your questions, inform you about the full range of financial aid resources available to students and parents, as well as help you apply for financial aid. You can trust that our staff will offer you the best funding options available to you depending upon the timing of your application for aid, your level of financial need, and availability of funding.

In addition to the information below, please feel free to view the video tutorials (in the left column of this page) on how to get started. Please note that the full series of tutorial videos are available by clicking here.

To apply for most types of aid, students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). When completing the FAFSA, you will need to follow the steps listed below:

  • Gather the information required to apply: tax information, W2s, driver's license number, social security number, etc.
  • Apply for an FSA ID by clicking here. If you are classified as a dependent, one of your parents will need to apply for an FSA ID as well.
  • Access FAFSA on the web at fafsa.gov and click "Start Here"
  • Choose appropriate school year and begin your FAFSA
  • When listing schools you want to receive your information, you will need to enter our Federal School Code which is 005447
  • Submit your FAFSA and make sure you receive a confirmation number
  • Complete an application for admission to the College. (We cannot receive your FAFSA information until this step is completed.)
  • Complete the placement assessment, if applicable. If you need assistance with making an appointment, please call 336-633-0200.
  • While correspondence from the Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs will occasionally be sent via direct mail, most communications from Randolph Community College will be sent via the students’ RCC email account. To access your RCC email account, click on the "MyRCC" link above or go visit RCC Email.

Once your FAFSA has been processed you will receive an email with a link to your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you did not provide an email address, you will receive your SAR by mail. Once the school receives your information, we will contact you by letter and email and inform you of any further steps that you need to make.

Remember: You must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every academic year in order to receive financial aid. Also, certain scholarships, grants, or other types of aid sometimes require a separate application through the department or organization providing the aid.


Federal Direct Loan

Randolph Community College DOES NOT participate in the Federal Direct Loan program. If you determine your aid package is not sufficient to cover your costs and need to pursue private student loans, we encourage you to carefully research the private student loan options available to you.



FA Announcements

General Office Information

Office Phone Number
(336) 633-0200

Mailing Address
Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205

Office Location
Student Services Center

Office Hours
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon. - Thurs.
8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Fri.