[A10300] Associate in General Education
The Associate in General Education curriculum is designed for individuals wishing to broaden their education, with emphasis on personal interest, growth and development. The two-year General Education program provides students opportunities to study English, literature, fine arts, philosophy, social science, science, and mathematics.
Many of the courses are equivalent to college transfer courses; however, the program is not principally designed for college transfer. Courses must be at the 110-199 or 210-299 level. Within the degree program, the college shall include opportunities for the achievement of competence in reading, writing, oral communication, fundamental mathematical skills, and the basic use of computers.
Diplomas and certificates are not allowed under this degree program.
Upon successful completion of the Associate in General Education program, the student should be able to:
- Compose well-written documents using standard written English.
- Communicate clearly through oral presentations.
- Utilize and document appropriate research materials.
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve problems.
- Comprehend college-level readings.
- Perform college-level mathematical computations.
- Utilize word processing software.