Special Students

Students who have not applied for admission into a specific program are classified as Special Students. Special Students are required to submit an application for admission and are eligible to take an unlimited number of courses. Special Students must meet the prerequisites/corequisites for courses they plan on taking. Special Students are not eligible for financial aid.

Proficiency examinations may be used to earn credit for additional courses taken as a Special Student.

Should a Special Student desire to declare a major, he/she should complete/submit a Change of Major form online, provide the appropriate transcripts, and participate in placement assessment to meet prerequisites/corequisites. For assistance in choosing a major, counselors are available through the Welcome Center.

The responsibility for initiating the change from Special Student status to a major lies with the student. Any questions should be directed to the Admissions Office. It is the responsibility of the student to verify with their home institution that the RCC course(s) will be accepted as transfer credit.