Current Students

Change of Address

One of your responsibilities as an F-1 student is to maintain an updated address with the Office of Records, Registration and Admissions. This must be completed within 10 business days.

Maintaining F-1 Status

  • Register and maintain a minimum of 12 credit hours every Fall and Spring semester. You can only take one online course per 12 credit hours per semester. A "W" does not count towards the minimum of 12 credit hours. If you have difficulty with this requirement, you must meet with the International Student Coordinator to discuss your situation before you register. F-1 Visa status has no provision for part-time study.
  • Know the expiration date of your I-20, Visa and Passport. Your I-20 can be extended or changed by the Office of Student Success. Your visa can only be renewed outside the U.S. at a Consulate or Embassy in your home country. Your passport can be renewed in the U.S. by your home country embassy.
  • DO NOT work without authorization. Work authorization for F-1 students is very limited.
  • Keep the Office of Student Success notified of any changes in your mailing address, phone number, visa status or enrollment status.

Remember - It is always best to check with the Office of Student Success if you have questions about immigration or visa status issues.

General Office Information

Office Phone Number
(336) 633-0200

Mailing Address
Office of Student Success
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205

Office Location
Student Services Center

Office Hours
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon. - Thurs.
8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Fri.