[A30280PS] Associate in Applied Science Degree
Portrait Studio Management is a concentration under the curriculum title of Photographic Technology. This curriculum prepares individuals with the techniques and procedures used in professional portraiture.
Course work includes equipment operation and photographic techniques specific to studio and location portraiture of individuals and groups. Additional topics covered include wedding protocol and logistics, posing, business practices, retouching, presentation, and studio management.
Graduates should be thoroughly prepared to successfully perform the duties required in entry-level portrait studio management.
COMPETENCIES FOR ALL PHOTOGRAPHIC TECHNOLOGY CONCENTRATIONS
Upon successful completion of all Photographic Technology Concentrations, the student should be able to
- Demonstrate the ability to control photographic exposure.
- Execute photographic imaging processes.
- Demonstrate proficiency in digital photography workflow.
- Utilize lighting equipment.
- Utilize design elements to produce photographs.
Click here for a list of Humanities/Fine Arts and Social/Behavioral Sciences courses approved for this program.