The Manicuring/Nail Technology curriculum provides competency-based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles, and hands-on fundamentals associated with the nail technology industry. The curriculum provides a simulated salon environment which enables students to develop manipulative skills.
Course work includes instruction in all phases of professional nail technology, business/computer principles, product knowledge, and other related topics.
Graduates should be prepared to take the North Carolina Cosmetology State Board Licensing Exam and upon passing be licensed and qualify for employment in beauty and nail salons, as a platform artist, and in related businesses.
Upon successful completion of the Manicuring/Nail Technology Certificate program, the student should be able to
1. Safely and competently perform nail care, including manicures, pedicures, massage, decorating, and artificial applications in a salon setting.
2. Demonstrate competence necessary for the licensing examination, including advanced nail care, artificial enhancements, decorations, sanitation and infection control procedures.
SPECIAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
1. General College admissions requirements.
2. Purchase of books and kit from RCC Campus Store.
3. Specific uniform and shoes are required.
4. Students are exposed to many products and should not be overly sensitive to nail products.