ASHEBORO (Feb. 27, 2020)
*Update as of March 19, 2020*
Due to COVID-19 on-campus changes, the GROW Agribusiness Summit is now online. If you are registered, look for an email with details. If you haven't, there's still time! To register, click here.
Randolph Community College is hosting a GROW Agribusiness Summit on Wednesday, March 25, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. in the Continuing Education & Industrial Center on the Asheboro Campus.
The full-day, free event is for “agripreneurs” interested in starting or growing an agriculture-based business. It is designed for the specific needs of current and prospective agribusinesses, including farmers, value-added processors, beverage manufacturers, and food service businesses.
Food, beverage, and agriculture-based businesses are unique ventures and require special business planning methods, and this one-day, multi-track event provides attendees with the tools needed to move an agribusiness forward.
Sessions are designed especially with the complexities of farm, food, and beverage businesses in mind and cover topics including planning, funding, marketing, and rules and regulations. In addition to informative seminars and workshops, attendees will have the opportunity to network with others in the field and meet firsthand with industry specific resource providers and business coaches.
Upon pre-registration, attendees will be asked which four sessions they would like to attend, choosing from:
• Session 1 — Direct Market Strategies for Small Growers
• Session 2 — Get Ready for Crowdfunding, Grants, and Financing
• Session 3 — Is Agritourism an Opportunity for Your Business?
• Session 4 — Social and Online Media for Food & Farm Businesses
• Session 5 — Agritourism Marketing with Visit NC Farms App
• Session 6 — Expanding Your Agribusiness Into Wholesale
• Session 7 — Adding Hemp to Your Farm
• Session 8 — NCDA Food Rules & Regulations #1 – Home Processing, Low Risk/Value-Added Food Manufacturing
To register, click here.