Randolph Community College — 2020 Curriculum Graduation
Congratulations to all 2019 graduates! Click HERE to see the entire graduation ceremony.
Preparation for Graduation
PLEASE NOTE: March 31, 2020, is the priority deadline for participating (walking) in the graduation ceremony on May 13, 2020, having your name printed in the graduation program, and ordering your cap and gown.
- If you plan to participate in the graduation ceremony, it is important to follow these steps FIRST.
- *Potential graduates must log into their self-service (WebAdvisor) accounts and apply to graduate*.
- Next, the Registrar's Office will send an email stating your application to graduate has been received.
- Then, you must meet with your Academic Advisor to ensure you are on track to graduate.
- Once the Advisor gives approval and notifies the Registrar's Office, the Registrar will email the student their "Walking Pass."
- The student then takes the "Walking Pass" to the Campus Store to indicate they would like to walk in the ceremony.
- In order to participate in the ceremony, all graduates must wear graduation attire including an official cap and gown (failure to do so may result in not being allowed to participate in the ceremony). Please check with the Campus Store or view graduation pictures on RCC’s website for the specific color of our official cap and gown.
- Caps and gowns may be picked up in the Campus Store beginning May 6, 2020.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Here is a link to a helpful page that already has a list of FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS regarding graduation.
- When: Wednesday, May 13, 2020
- Where: The Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex — 1921 West Gate City Boulevard, Greensboro, NC 27403 (This is where the Greensboro Swarm plays and what used to be known as the Pavilion.)
- Check-In Time: Graduates report promptly at 5:15 p.m. for check-in at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex.
- Ceremony Time: The graduation ceremony will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m.
Guidelines for Graduation
Your cooperation in following these instructions will assure a successful graduation ceremony.
Each graduate is expected to report promptly at 5:15 p.m. (*dressed in their cap and gown) to the Greensboro Coliseum Complex to check-in and to line up for the graduation ceremony.
**It is your responsibility as a student to make arrangements for picking up your graduation attire from the Campus Store prior to the graduation ceremony.**
All holds on student accounts for unpaid fees and debts owed to RCC must be paid in full prior to graduation. If you have questions, please contact the Business Office at 336-633-0292.
Personal Items and Valuables
Do not bring personal items to the graduation practice or ceremony. Please leave congratulatory flowers and balloons inside your vehicle or at home as they will not be allowed inside the Fieldhouse. Large purses, bookbags, golf umbrellas, and camera bags are other prohibited items. For a complete list of prohibited items see the full list online on the Greensboro Coliseum Complex website.
Campus Store Sales at Graduation
The RCC Campus Store staff will be on-site before the ceremony with last minute graduation gifts, flowers, and RCC apparel for sale.
Additional graduation items can be ordered from Herff Jones such as graduation announcements and class rings. The RCC Campus Store also carries a variety of great graduation gifts including graduation and alumni T-shirts.
Photo Specialties of Chapel Hill, N.C., will be photographing Randolph Community College graduates as they receive their diplomas. RCC has provided this company with graduate names, mailing addresses, and email addresses where available. Photo Specialties will email graduates a link to proofs of their graduation photo with ordering information. If an email address was not provided, proofs will be mailed.
Food and Drinks
Please do not bring food or drink with you to the graduation check-in, line-up or ceremony. We recommend that you eat before you arrive.
Special Accommodations for Graduates
Deadlines for Completion of Degree, Diploma, or Certificate
|Semester Finishing Requirements
|Completion Deadline Dates
December 16, 2019
May 11, 2020
July 27, 2020
When Will You Receive Your Degree, Diploma, or Certificate?
If you complete ALL REQUIREMENTS in FALL 2019, your degree, diploma, or certificate will be available for pick up at the Ann Hoover Welcome Center after Jan. 31, 2020. The package will include your degree/diploma/certificate and a complementary sealed official transcript.
If you complete ALL REQUIREMENTS in SPRING 2020, your degree, diploma, or certificate will be available for pick up at the Ann Hoover Welcome Center after May 31, 2020. The package will include your degree/diploma/certificate and a complementary sealed official transcript.
If you will be completing ALL REQUIREMENTS in SUMMER 2020, your degree, diploma, or certificate will available for pick up at the Ann Hoover Welcome Center after Aug. 31, 2020. The package will include your degree/diploma/certificate and a coupon for a free official transcript.