The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program is federally funded by The United States Department of Education to provide need-based employment for college students. FWS allows students to work part time while attending an institution of higher learning. Students must have financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I apply?
All students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. The applicant must be:
- Admitted to a degree or diploma program
- Enrolled in at least six credit hours during each semester
- Earn and maintain a GPA of at least 2.0
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress Guidelines for Federal Student Aid
- Complete and submit a Federal Work Study Application to the Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs. This application can be obtained by visiting our "Important Forms" Web page.