- Students must fulfill all of the requirements for their certificate, diploma, or associate degree, and follow the graduation procedures:
Step 1: Students submit graduation application in Student Self-Service for each degree, diploma, and/or certificate for which they wish to apply.
Step 2: Students receive an automated email regarding receipt of their submitted graduation application.
Step 3: Students and their assigned faculty advisors work together to review the program requirements needed for graduation.
Step 4: Faculty Advisors notify the Registrar of the student’s eligibility to graduate.
Step 5: If a student is eligible to graduate, the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration sends an email to the student’s RCC email address regarding their “Walking Pass” voucher.
Step 6: If a student plans to participate in the graduation ceremony, the student must take the voucher email to the RCC Campus Store to indicate they would like to participate in the ceremony.
- Students must complete all required courses within their curriculum as published in their Catalog of Record.
- Students must have an overall GPA of 2.0 and a 2.0 average in their major courses as defined by the Curriculum Standards.
- Health program students must maintain a 2.0 GPA in all health program and health program related courses with no grade less than a “C” except for certain BIO, CIS, ENG, PHI, PHY, PSY and MAT courses that require a “B” or better. See Programs of Study section in the catalog for specifies.
- Students transferring from other schools must complete 25 percent of their course requirements at Randolph Community College in order to qualify for graduation.
Graduation exercises are held at the end of the spring semester. The specific date is listed in the College Calendar. Students who will complete requirements during the following summer may participate in the May graduation. Caps and gowns, purchased through RCC’s Campus Store, are required for participation in the graduation ceremony. Credits transferred in for graduation must be received before the end of the summer session of the year in which the student would normally have graduated.
Students with questions regarding graduation should contact the Registrar’s Office by calling 336-633-0200.