[A55140] Associate in Applied Science Degree
[A55140S] Associate in Applied Science Degree (spring admission)
[D55140S] Diploma (spring admission)
[C55140S] Certificate (spring admission)
[C55140CEV] Certificate (evening layout)
Students will gain hands-on experience through a salon environment operated by the College and open to the public. The Randolph Community College Cosmetology Center is located at 503 Industrial Park Avenue on the Asheboro Campus. The 10,865-square-foot space accommodates 44 students at a time at styling stations on the floor, plus students in three classrooms. In addition, the Center holds 10 shampoo stations, 12 dryers, facial and waxing rooms, a pedicure/manicure area with massaging pedicure chairs, a lobby/waiting area, instructor offices, and lockers and a break room for students.
Course work includes instruction in all phases of professional imaging, hair design, chemical processes, skin care, nail care, multi-cultural practices, business/computer principles, product knowledge, and other selected topics.
Students can obtain an associate degree, diploma or certificate in cosmetology from RCC. Students who finish the certificate should qualify to sit for the State Board of Cosmetic Arts examination. A diploma will give students additional skills related to starting their own businesses. An associate degree will provide students with advanced cosmetology skills and the ability to teach others.
Randolph Community College’s Cosmetology program complies with the rules and regulations of the North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Arts Examiners.
N.C. Board of Cosmetic Arts
12070 Front Street, Suite 110
Raleigh, NC 27609
Upon successful completion of the Cosmetology program, the student should be able to:
- Determine the needs and preferences of clients in order to safely and competently deliver services as they relate to cosmetology services.
- Demonstrate the proper practices of hair cutting and styling, shampooing, massage and scalp treatment, hair coloring and lightening, chemically restructuring hair, wig services, manicuring, pedicuring, nail application, and facial.
- Interact and communicate successfully with coworkers as part of a working team.
SPECIAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- Students must complete DRE 098 or have an acceptable reading/English placement score before enrolling in COS 111 or COS 112.
- Purchase of the Cosmetology book bundle, required student kit will be made from the RCC Campus Store.
- Purchase of shoes, uniforms, and name badges.
- Students enrolled in the program should not be subject to color blindness or have sensitivity to chemicals.
- Students should be physically able to use cosmetology equipment such as scissors and clippers, and should be able to stand for long periods of time.
There are no information sessions at this time.