Day classes begin on January 7 and run through June 28, 2019 (Section# 68416).
Classes will be held Mondays - Thursdays from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. plus approximately six Friday or Saturdays.
Register today by calling 336-328-1750!
The Therapeutic Massage Program is designed to provide students with the essential skills to become a State Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist. The curriculum includes the skills necessary for safe, effective and ethical practices required to perform basic Swedish massage.
Upon completion of the program and after acquiring the necessary state and national licensure, students will be able to work in hospitals, clinics, chiropractor and doctor offices, wellness centers, fitness centers, salons, athletic programs, corporate wellness programs, performing arts programs, as well as establish their own private practices.
Students will practice the clinical process of conducting client assessments, developing individualized treatment plans, and performing safe and comprehensive massage therapy under the supervision of a Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist. In addition, students will exercise their legal and ethical duties according to the regulations and expectations of the massage therapy profession as delineated by the North Carolina Board of Massage & Bodywork Therapy.
List of classes:
- Massage Theory & Principles
- Massage Professional Practice
- Massage & Bodywork Application
- Adaptive Massage
- The Therapeutic Relationship
- Law, Business & Ethics
- Student Clinic
Therapeutic Massage Program Schedule:
Orientation - Saturday, 1/5/19 - 9-11 a.m.
Day class: January 7 - June 28
Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Some Friday & Saturdays too)
- Jan. 7-31 (no class 1/21) = 90 hrs.
- Feb. 4-28 = 96 hrs
- Mar. 4-28 = 96 hrs
- Apr. 1-30 = 108 hrs
- May 1-30
(no class 5/27; includes Sat. 5/4 & 5/18, Fri. 5/24, 9 a.m-3:30 p.m.) = 120 hrs
- Jun. 3-28
(includes Sat. 6/15 & 6/22, Fri. 6/28, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.) (Th., 6/27, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.) = 115 hrs
*No class January 21 & May 27.
Therapeutic Massage Fees
• Massage Therapy Registration fee - $180.55
• Professional Massage Table - $295-$350 (not required for registration. Will be required for class)
• Malpractice Insurance - $16
• Textbooks - $600 (not required for registration. Will be required for class)
• Massage Supplies - $90-$120 (not required for registration. Will be required for class)
• Therapeutic Massage Scrubs - $120-$180 (not required for registration. Will be required for class)
Requirements to become a Massage Therapist
- Has obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- Is 18 years of age or older
- Is of good moral character as determined by the Board
- Has successfully completed a training program consisting of a minimum of 500 in-class hrs of supervised instruction at a Board-approved school
- Has passed a competency assessment examination that meets generally accepted psychometric principles and standards and is approved by the Board
- Has submitted fingerprint cards in a form acceptable to the Board at the time the license application is filed and consented to a criminal history record check by the North Carolina Department of Justice
- Demonstrates satisfactory proof of proficiency in the English language.
Class requirements include:
- Purchase all required insurance through the Continuing Education Office.
- Pay registration fee and required insurance at the time of registration.
- Students must attend a one-on-one orientation with our coordinator, Nancy Harrell before the program begins.
To register and pay for classes by phone, call 336-328-1750. To register and pay in person, visit our Archdale Center, 110 Park Drive, Archdale, N.C., 27263 or our Continuing Education and Industrial Center, 413 Industrial Park Ave, Asheboro, N.C.
Already a Licensed Massage Therapist?