Do you have leadership potential?
Make plans to participate
in Randolph Community College's 10th annual
Student Leadership Academy beginning in fall 2016.
Check back later for information on the 2016-2017 Student Leadership Academy.
Participants of the 2015-2016 Randolph Community College Student Leadership Academy are pictured above.
Randolph Community College’s Student Leadership Academy provides a dynamic, intensive student leadership training/motivational experience to students who are selected in a competitive process by the Student Leadership Academy Committee.
Topics will include the following:
Group training session dates and other important dates are listed below. For evening sessions, light supper served from 5:30-6 p.m.; sessions from 6-8 p.m. except graduation, which will be held at 7 p.m. in the R. Alton Cox Learning Resources Center Auditorium. Participants are required to attend each of these events.
Friday, Sept. 4, 2015, 3 p.m. - Deadline for submission of applications.
Friday, Sept. 11, 2015, 3 p.m. - Time by which applicants will be notified of acceptance into the Academy.
Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015, 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. - Lunch and Session I.
Monday, Oct. 19, 2015 - Deadline to submit personality assessment results.
Thursday, Oct. 22, 2015, 5:30-8 p.m. - Supper and Session II.
Thursday, Nov. 12, 2015, 5:30-8 p.m. – Supper and Session III.
Monday, Nov. 25, 2015, 5 p.m. - Deadline for submission of project proposal to faculty advisors
Friday, Dec. 7, 2015, 3 p.m. – Deadline for submission of portfolios.
Thursday, Jan. 14, 2016, 5:30-8 p.m. - Supper and Session IV.
Tues.-Thurs., January 19-21, 2016, Times TBA - One-on-one portfolio review sessions.
Thursday, Feb. 18, 2016, 5:30-8 p.m. – Supper and Session V.
Monday, March 14, 2016, 5-6:30 p.m. - Graduation practice.
Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 7 p.m. – Graduation, followed by reception.
Fountain-Luria Student Leadership Academy
Sponsors of the Fountain-Luria Student Leadership Academy are Dr. Stuart B. Fountain (left) and Dr. Alan S. Luria (right) through the Randolph Community College Foundation.
Dr. Stuart Fountain and Dr. Alan Luria have supported the Student Leadership Academy financially since its inception in 2008. Because of their continued support, the Student Leadership Academy was named after them in 2015.
What is required for Academy participants?
• Participants are required to attend ALL sessions.
(one excused absence for extenuating circumstances will be considered, but it must have prior written approval by the committee chair and your designated advisor(s); the request must be made in writing (email OK). If you have a Tuesday/Thursday evening class at RCC, you should make arrangements with your instructor to be absent during these sessions and get class assignments in advance).
• Participants must take the personality type indicator prior to the first session.
• Participants must develop a personal portfolio, which will be reviewed by Human Resource professionals, and meet with an HR representative to review.
• Participants must complete a group leadership project and present the project results at graduation. Groups will be required to develop a group contract with expectations of group members.
(Failure to complete any of these requirements is grounds for dismissal from the Academy)
Who may apply?
• Any student enrolled in a curriculum program at RCC with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is eligible to apply.
• Randolph Early College High School seniors and juniors are also eligible.
How to apply? (Complete both steps)
• 2015-16 Student Leadership Academy Application (Word format - fill out the form and submit electronically)
• 2015-16 Student Leadership Academy Application (Adobe pdf format - fill out the form and submit electronically)