Do you have leadership potential?
Make plans to participate
Student Leadership Academy
Check back at the beginning of the fall 2015 semester for more information on RCC's 9th Annual Student Leadership Academy
Participants of the 2014-2015 Randolph Community College Student Leadership Academy are pictured above.
Randolph Community College’s Student Leadership Academy provides a dynamic, intensive student leadership training/motivational experience to students who are selected in a competitive process by the Student Leadership Academy Committee.
Topics will include the following:
Sponsors of the Fountain-Luria Student Leadership Academy are Dr. Stuart B. Fountain and Dr. Alan S. Luria through the Randolph Community College Foundation.
What is required for Academy participants?
• Participants are required to attend ALL sessions.
(one excused absence for extenuating circumstances will be considered, but it must have prior written approval by the committee chair and your designated advisor(s); the request must be made in writing (email OK). If you have a Tuesday/Thursday evening class at RCC, you should make arrangements with your instructor to be absent during these sessions and get class assignments in advance).
• Participants must take the personality type indicator prior to the first session.
• Participants must develop a personal portfolio, which will be reviewed by Human Resource professionals, and meet with an HR representative to review.
• Participants must complete a group leadership project and present the project results at graduation. Groups will be required to develop a group contract with expectations of group members.
(Failure to complete any of these requirements is grounds for dismissal from the Academy)
Who may apply?
• Any student enrolled in a curriculum program at RCC with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is eligible to apply.
• Randolph Early College High School seniors and juniors are also eligible.
How to apply? (Complete both steps)
Check back for the 2015-16 Student Leadership Application.