Associate Degree Nursing
[A45110] Associate in Applied Science Degree (Day)
Associate in Applied Science Degree (Evening/Weekend)
For admissions requirements specific to the Associate Degree Nursing program, see Additional Nursing Admissions Policies & Procedures
Upon successful completion of the ADN program, the student should be able to
- Practice professional nursing behaviors incorporating personal responsibility and accountability for continued competence.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with individuals, significant support person(s), and members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Integrate knowledge of the holistic needs of the individual to provide an individual centered assessment.
- Incorporate informatics to formulate evidence-based clinical judgments and management decisions.
- Implement caring interventions incorporating documented best practices for individuals in diverse settings.
- Develop a teaching plan for individuals, and/or the nursing team, incorporating teaching and learning principles.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary healthcare team to advocate for positive individual and organizational outcomes.
- Manage healthcare team for the individual using cost-effective nursing strategies, quality improvement processes, and current technologies.