Print Page
General Information
Programs and Scholarships
About Financial Aid

Federal Financial Aid

Federal Financial Aid programs are funds administered by the U.S. Department of Education. Detailed information concerning these funds may be found in The Student Guide or the FAFSA. You may also obtain information by calling the U.S. Department of Education's toll-free number: 1-800-433-3243 (hearing-impaired individuals may call 1-800-730-8913). Federal Aid Programs are the largest, least restrictive, and most commonly received programs.

The programs that the Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs directly awards to our students are listed below.

Pell Grant (PELL)

A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Pell Grants are awarded usually only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or a professional degree. (In some cases, however, a student enrolled in a post-baccalaureate teacher certification program might receive a Pell Grant.) Pell Grants are considered a foundation of federal financial aid, to which aid from other federal and nonfederal sources might be added.

The maximum Pell Grant award for the 2013-14 award year (July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014) is $5,645. The maximum amount can change each award year and depends on program funding. The amount a student may receive, though, will depend not only on their financial need, but also on their costs to attend school, their status as a full-time or part-time student, and their plans to attend school for a full academic year or less.


Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) program is for undergraduates with exceptional financial need. Pell Grant recipients with the lowest expected family contributions (EFCs) will be considered first for a FSEOG. Just like Pell Grants, the FSEOG does not have to be repaid.

You can receive between $100 and $4,000 a year, depending on when you apply, your financial need, the funding at the school you're attending, and the policies of the financial aid office at the school you choose to attend.

Federal Work Study (FWS)

The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program is federally funded by The United States Department of Education to provide need-based employment for college students. FWS allows students to work part-time while attending an institution of higher learning. Students must have financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. If you are interested in applying for the Work-Study program at RCC, please visit our Federal Work Study page.

Federal Direct Loans

After serious consideration and evaluation of the Federal Direct Lending Program by the Board of Trustees at Randolph Community College, RCC will not be participating in the loan program.

Career Development/Placement

JobLink Career Center

The JobLink Career Center, located on Randolph Community College's Asheboro Campus, is a partnership among the Employment Security Commission (ESC), Department of Social Services (DSS with WorkFirst program), Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), Regional Consolidated Services (RCS with Job Training Partnership Act or JTPA program), public schools (with JobReady/School-to-Work program), and Randolph Community College. Operating hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Tuesday from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m., and Friday from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.

JobLink's convenient location in the Administration/Education Center, Room 123, provides students and residents with easy access to a variety of resources and services offered by the partner agencies. Typical services include academic/vocational assessments, job-seeking and keeping skills, employment referral, job openings in print and on computer, and career counseling. In addition, students may seek assistance through programs such as JTPA, VR, and WorkFirst; and English as a Second Language (ESL) and Human Resources Development (HRD) classes.


JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.