How to Apply for Financial Aid
Our staff is available year-round to answer your questions, inform you about the full range of financial aid resources available to students and parents, as well as help you apply for financial aid. You can trust that our staff will offer you the best funding options available to you depending upon the timing of your application for aid, your level of financial need, and availability of funding.
In addition to the information below, please feel free to view the video tutorial on how to get started. Please note that the full series of tutorial videos are available by clicking here.
To apply for most types of aid, students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). When completing the FAFSA, you will need to follow the steps listed below:
- Gather the information required to apply: current tax information, W2s, driver's license number, social security number, etc.
- Apply for a pin number at www.pin.ed.gov. If you are classified as a dependent, one of your parents will also need to apply for a pin number
- Access FAFSA on the web at www.fafsa.gov and click "Start Here"
- Choose appropriate school year and begin your FAFSA
- At the end of the FAFSA, you will need to enter our Federal School Code which is 005447
- Submit your FAFSA and make sure you receive a confirmation number
- Complete an application for admission to the college. (We cannot receive your FAFSA information until this step is completed.)
- Complete the placement assessment, if applicable. For more information please click here or call 336-633-0200.
- While correspondence from the Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs will occasionally be sent via direct mail, in an effort to provide more timely responses and inform students of important financial aid information, an e-mail will be sent via the students’ Campus Cruiser e-mail account. To activate your Campus Cruiser account, go to cruiser.randolph.edu.
Look for the “General Help” box and the “Logging In For The First Time Pop-Up Video” on the left hand side of the web page. These links will assist you with all that Campus Cruiser has to offer. While a campus email account is generally provided within two to three business days, should financial aid information be sent to you prior to the setup of your account, please check the email account you provided the college.
Once your FAFSA has been processed you will receive an e-mail with a link to your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you did not provide an e-mail address, you will receive your SAR by mail. Once the school receives your information, we will contact you by letter and inform you of any further steps that you need to make.
Remember: You must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every academic year in order to receive financial aid. Also, certain scholarships, grants, or other types of aid sometimes require a separate application through the department or organization providing the aid.