Basic Law Enforcement Training Admissions
In addition to the general admissions requirements, Basic Law Enforcement Training students:
- Must meet with BLET director or assistant. This must be the first step in the process. Call for an appointment at 336-633-4165.
- Must be 20 years old. A waiver can be obtained if the student will be 20 before the completion of the BLET class.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and provide Birth Certificate OR Naturalization Certificate.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a clean criminal history (only minor offenses).
- Must obtain an Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) check from each county/state resided OR charged in since legally becoming an adult (age 16 in N.C./age 18 in some states). Other criminal history requirements will be explained at your meeting with BLET director.
- Must have a valid N.C. driver's license and provide a copy.
- Must pass a medical exam (we provide the forms).
- Must obtain sponsorship from a N.C. Law Enforcement Agency and must maintain sponsorship once enrolled to remain in BLET.
- Must complete the BLET Application Form and have it notarized.
- Must take a Reading Test and score at a 10th grade reading level prior to acceptance into BLET. Appointments will be scheduled during the first meeting with BLET director.
- Must be evaluated on the POPAT Course prior to acceptance into the BLET program. Appointments will be scheduled during the first meeting with BLET director.
- All of the previously stated requirements must be met one week prior to registration.