The University Center of Randolph County
Winston-Salem State University
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.)
The RN-BSN Outreach Option offered at Randolph Community College by Winston-Salem State University recognizes registered nurses as adult learners with experience in nursing and an active personal life. This is a very student-friendly program with enough flexibility to meet your specific needs.
While the RN-BSN option functions within the parameters of the generic nursing curriculum, course objectives are met with critical thinking, imagination and creativity. Students must be self-directed and actively involved in the process of learning.
Winston-Salem State offers classes at 16 off-site locations (including RCC) as well as an online option. Depending on the location, a new class is admitted each year either in spring (January) or summer (May). RCC’s class begins in January. Students may attend the progam at any site on a part-time or full-time basis.
The BSN and RN-BSN Option programs in the Division of Nursing at Winston-Salem State University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. The graduate receives a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing.
One hundred twenty-nine (129) semester hours are required for graduation with a minimum of 30 semester
hours of WSSU courses.
BSN Option eligibility is met through the following criteria:
• Admission as a student to WSSU
• Current, unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina. (The license
must be maintained throughout course of study.)
• A grade of C or better for all courses transferred
• A cumulative GPA of 2.4 or better
• Priority for full-time admissions will be given to students with three (3) or fewer remaining general education courses. As space permits, other students may be allowed to enter part-time. Space is limited and awarded first to students meeting all the criteria. Entry is by e-mail invitation from RN-BSN Option.
For more informaton, contact Cathy Franklin-Griffin, interim director, RN-BSN option, at 336-750-2429 or email@example.com.