Helpful tips, resources, and links for RCC Instructors
Looking for some great online resources to use in your courses? Check out the Distance Education Blog by clicking DE BLOG (opens in a new window). The DE Blog has over 120 resource links (most free), great tutorials, DE Calendar of upcoming training sessions and webinars, and much, much more!
Did you know about the following resources and services available to you here in your RCC Distance Education Department........
- You can have a "Moodle Enhancement" (course shell) for any of your traditional courses allowing you to load notes and homework assignments to one central location and even give practice or live quizzes or tests.
- We have a Plagiarism Tutorial available (Online Student Orientation) where students can print a certificate upon completion, and you can have this tutorial installed into your online class.
- You can check out Web Cameras or Microphones for use in enhancing your online courses. You can check out easy-to-use video recorders (Flip Cam) or Voice Recorders for use in your online classes.
- We will build a custom banner for your course.
- We provide course design consulting and make-overs
- We have a plethora of tips and tricks for reducing your workload online (Working Smarter not Harder). You can provide "voice over" to your PowerPoint and compress it into an extremely small file (Impatica) and load into your course. You can provide voice introductions and voice instructions to enhance your online class (FREE and EASY!).
- You have access to 1000's of Learning Objects (NCLOR) and Videos (YouTube, TeacherTube etc.) that can be easily loaded into your course to enhance learning.
- You can checkout the DE laptop loaded with lots of fancy course design software to help in designing your own course modules.
If you would like to take advantage of any of these services, techniques, or just have questions, please feel free to stop by or call us! Our doors are ALWAYS open for you.
Devin Sova, Director of Distance Education, 336-318-7820, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cameron Eunice, Technical Support Specialist, 336-633-0263, email@example.com
Theresa Daniels, Instructional Design Specialist, 336-633-0299, firstname.lastname@example.org
NCLOR (North Carolina Learning Object Repository) (opens in a new window) - The mission of the NCLOR is to provide a centralized location for the accquistion, collection, sharing, and management of quality learning resources for all teachers in North Carolina. What are the direct benefits to educators using the NCLOR?
- A central location for storing and discovering learning resources
- A sophisticated search utility that allows the user to find materials quickly and easily
- Access to enhanced, interactive, and engaging resources
- Intergration with a CMS such as Moodle or Blackboard for easy integration into courses
- The possibility to improve and modify the resource for their own use
- An opportunity for peer users of these resources to comment and rate the materials
NC-NET (North Carolina Network for Excellence in Teaching)(opens in a new window) - An online professional development program for community and technical college faculty.
Academic Earth (opens in a new window) -Online degrees and video courses from leading universities.
Academic Earth now helps connect you to degrees and certificates that can be earned online from highly respected universities. Click on Academic Earth above to browse through their collections to find the right program for you. They offer online bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, and professional certificates.