Associate in Arts (College Transfer)
Included within the 64 – 65 hours of coursework required for the degree is a 44-hour general education core with courses in English Composition, Humanities/Fine Arts, Social/Behavioral Sciences, and Natural Sciences/Mathematics. Completion of the core with a “C” or better in each course awards the student an Associate in Arts diploma and the added distinction of having satisfied the general education requirements for CAA or ICAA endorsing universities and colleges. Students should be aware that some colleges and universities have graduation requirements, in addition to the general education requirements, that transfer students must satisfy, which may include physical education and/or foreign language requirements. The transcripts of students transferring prior to completing the core will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis by the receiving institution. Students planning to transfer to a college or university that does not endorse the CAA or ICAA should consult the personnel at that institution for information regarding transferability of courses.
Upon successful completion of the Associate in Arts program, the student should be able to
- Compose well-written documents using standard written English.
- Communicate clearly through oral presentations.
- Utilize and document appropriate research materials.
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve problems.
- Comprehend college-level readings.
- Perform college-level mathematical computations.
- Utilize word processing software.